Wondering if you are a total word nerd? You’ve come to the right place!
Here are the 27 tell tale signs you are a totally huge reading and writing obsessed word nerd!
- Everyone loves the latest pop song, but you can’t bring yourself to do it because the lyrics are so damn cliché.
- Your night stand consists of more book choices than most people have in their entire collection.
- You always have a spare bookmark.
- That scratchy feeling you wake up to in the middle of the night is usually the reason you have aforesaid spare bookmark.
- Choosing which books to pack on holidays is the ultimate Sophie’s choice.
- People suggest getting a Kindle or iPad and you immediately think “where’s the fun in that?”
- Each time you visit a bookshop, you have to significantly remodel your storage and shelf space.
- Hand bags are purchased not on their style so much as their ability to house books, notepads and pens.
- Stationary makes you giddy.
- “Let’s go to bed and read” is the sexiest thing your partner can say.
- Your Pinterest account looks like porn channels for pop up libraries.
- If an author suggests you check out another writer as you read, you listen.
- You answer the “if you were stranded on a desert island, what would you take?” game with two simple words- “my library”.
- You inhale deeply in bookstores, libraries and stationery stores just to capture the smell of happy pages.
- While everyone is complaining about the actors in a TV show, it’s the script that matters to you.
- You can always be counted on for the long emails and letters.
- Ink on your fingers and smudges on your hand make you smile.
- Attempts at rhyme that actually don’t really, really bother you.
- You don’t have to consult the booklet for two letter words when playing Scrabble. You know those bad boys by heart.
- As a kid, you read the dictionary.
- You carry a diary or journal in preference to an iCal.
- When you finish a book, you miss the characters you’ve read about.
- Friends say they don’t do much reading and your hand flies to your face in horror.
- “I’ve run out of things to blog about” is not a phrase you’ll ever utter.
- A stylish pen is always a great present for you.
- Lying in bed, reading a book and drinking a tea or a wine is your idea of a heavenly day off.
- You’ve toyed with getting someone’s quote tattooed to you (or you’ve done it).
Are you a word nerd? What’s missing?