Every second person is a business coach or marketing coach it seems. So why should you choose me?
I’ve been teaching people for the last 20 years in all things from drama to customer service complaint handling, so I know a thing or two about inspiring people to learn. Plus I am a huge nerd who spends an inordinate amount of time studying marketing, content creation, social media and blogging so that you don’t have to.
The most significant reason my coaching clients keep coming back for more is my coaching is not for the faint hearted. I am not your cheerleader, I am your coach. And like any decent coach, I don’t tell you what you want to hear. Instead, we work together to increase your performance and get you working smarter towards your goals.
It encompasses a little bit of psychology, a little bit of encouragement, and a lot of tough love. When we work together through a coaching session, it’s not a process of simply talking you through what should happen. It’s about giving you the tools to fix your situation, get yourself back on track and working through the issues.
As such, my marketing coach ethos includes:
- A tailored plan of attack based on the problem you are trying to resolve
- A minimum commitment of a regular session a month
- The inclusion of homework, action steps and shared responsibilities. We BOTH need to work towards solving your problem through agreeing on goals and homework in between times
- Providing you a solid basis for moving forward through research and advice
- A commitment to employing a realistic attitude to the process. This is about goal orientated change
This is not the kind of coaching where someone is going to high-five every small thing you do and shower you in gold stars for turning up. The style of coaching I employ is about motivation, butt-kicking and is closer to an elite sports coach style than that of a gushing, skies-the-limit, “you can do this babe!” ego-fest.
A marketing coach – what is it good for?
The short answer is the Unashamedly Creative style of coaching is for people truly committed to setting goals and smashing the ball out of the park. It’s for people who recognise they have a particular problem who want to work at it with some additional help and knowledge.
- If you want clarity on an aspect of your business from someone that understand the freelance world
- If you’re stuck and not sure what to do next; got too many ideas and not sure which one to execute; feel like your marketing sucks balls
- If you need advice from a practising and registered professional
- If clients keep running you over re: brief, timeline, late payment, scope changes and you need practical strategies to stem the bleeding and minimise the impact
- If you keep looking at other freelancers and feeling green with envy
- If you have a cool new idea for a product, course, service etc but you are unsure where to start; have started with your product/service and hit a roadblock and/or not gaining traction
- If you aren’t sure what your business stands for re: niche, personality, offerings and/or marketing and want to refocus
- You’ve overdosed on too many courses, blogs, events and other crap and lost your way when it comes to working on your business and want to get to being back on your terms
- Developing business development strategies that don’t make you feel all icky and weird
Getting over the cringe you have with marketing yourself
- If you feel you are at risk of prolonged stress leading to burn out and want to disrupt the cycle before you get there
- You’ve tried business coaching and found it to be more about the coach espousing what they know instead of working with you to overcome your issues
This style of marketing coaching is designed to help-
- Individuals and organisations who are looking to launch new products and services
- Freelancers, startups and individuals who want a critical examination of their current business practices and an actionable plan for future growth
- Individuals, freelancers and ideas creators who want someone to give them honest advice, practical knowledge and usable feedback
- Small business owners who feel as though their marketing efforts have stagnated and would love some advice and support
- Anyone who feels like they’ve hit a wall with their creative or business endeavour who wants a completely unbiased, fresh pair of eyes to give it the once over and help with a reboot
Find out what others have to say about me as a marketing coach:
I’ve been freelancing for just over a year, and I’d hit a rut where I wasn’t sure how to market myself or gain new clients. Bek was able to look at the problems differently and offer me some simple, practical ways forward. Her emphasis on authenticity in business was refreshing and did a lot to boost my confidence. I’m now feeling much more supported and enthusiastic about my business and am already starting to see greater engagement with potential clients.
Dr Lou Merrington. Director, Pure Arts Communications
Regardless of your field, going freelance is scary business. I had a thousand questions I was too self-conscious to ask anyone and was stuck firmly in the realm of overwhelm. Rebekah’s coaching was precisely the lifeline I needed, and helped me reassess what I considered my weaknesses, as well as recognise my strengths. Without her help, I would still be focusing on the impossibility of things rather than getting on with doing $h!t.
Charlotte Finley www.copyfriend.com.au
I had a coaching call with Bek in July when I was at a bit of a crossroads with my relatively new business. I was nervous about making the big commitment to my business and needed some external input. Straight away, Bek go to the heart of the matter and really helped me see what questions I needed to focus on, and she gave me some much-needed perspective. I didn’t write a testimonial for her coaching service right away as I wanted to see where I was a month later. I honestly think about her advice and guidance every day, and I found the call totally invaluable to the growth of my business. I’m so glad I arranged to have a coaching call and have re-ignited my passion and focus for my business. Thanks so much Bek.
Briony Cullin. Freelance marketing, SEO and social media strategy
I sought help from Unashamedly Creative’s Marketing Pain Point Clinic, for advice on ways to market my services that are true to me. Rebekah nailed my major ‘pain point’ within the first 2 minutes of the call! She filled the hour with useful tips on how to improve my positioning, redefine my target market and get the word out to them. Like a gift that keeps on giving, I’m still working through her suggestions, which I’m sure will keep me busy for many months – and inspire me to create my own marketing style. Thanks so much, Bek!
Virginia Muzik, www.writenoise.com.au
I have huge respect for the work Bek Lambert does within the freelance community. She not only has wide experience in all facets of marketing, writing and running a successful solo business, but she shares her knowledge and insights with straight-talking respect and kindness.
So, when I realised I needed some one-on-one expertise and a fresh perspective to help me direct my own marketing efforts as a freelancer, Bek, from Unashamedly Creative was my obvious choice.
Bek helped me enormously. She helped cut through the waffle that was holding me back and offered some clear, easy to-dos to help me focus on the direction that would work best for my business. And that’s the thing. Bek takes the time to get to know you and what you want to achieve – she doesn’t throw a heap of irrelevant buzz words at you and simply say ‘There you go’! Instead, she listens, guides and prompts you to think in a warm and approachable way and you come away from a single hour with her with a feeling of direction and action.
Seriously? I could have saved myself SO much faffing about if I’d consulted her sooner. Bek’s coaching services may well be one of the most valuable investments you’ll make in yourself and your business.
Carla Beth Anderson, https://cbethanderson.com/
What are you waiting for? Book me for your marketing coach session now!