Social media for marketing Grand Living Homewares
Grand Living Homewares is an online homewares business. Grand Living Homewares has the unique selling point of bringing hard to find gifts, fashion and homewares to one convenient online portal. The focus was on bringing first time pieces and collections from Scandinavia, Asia and Australian designers.
The business was preparing for their launch. Unashamedly Creative was charged with reviewing the existing copy to improve it for SEO purposes and assisting with social media for marketing the business. As well as advising and writing blog content.
The objective of Unashamedly Creative’s involvement in the startup launch was to:
- Re-write the existing copy to improve organic SEO and consumer appeal
- Identify technical and user experience issues on the website
- Translate the technical issues the client was having into language the overseas developer couldn’t ignore
- Create a plan to improve the marketing, social media and blogging
- Provide advice on strengthening the blog’s offering content-wise by providing structure to the writing and the overall goals of the site
- Writing blog content for the website for the first 6 weeks post launch
- Start the social media off
Unashamedly Creative first reviewed the website, highlighting several broken links and unfinished issues with the website design itself. Due to the client’s lack of technical knowledge, the overseas developer was resistant to fixing these problems and was not taking them seriously.
Having someone (Unashamedly Creative) who knew how the website should be working and being able to capture the errors with the website ensured they got fixed.
After working through the issues with functionality, Unashamedly Creative proceeded to review the existing copy and content on the Grand Living Homewares website, re-writing the bulk of the blogs and the website.
Finally, social media channels Twitter, GooglePlus, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram were put into play. Unashamedly Creative:
- Set each channel up
- Provided the clients with cheat sheets and training on how to use them
- Planned out the content for the first 6 weeks
- Created visual content to be used
- Ensured the social media channels were connected properly to the website
- Provided reporting on the social media
A website that was 2 months behind on delivery was able to be launched without error and with the appropriate copy, content and social media. The startup launch was successful.
Want your brain to make the sizzling sound that only firing synapses can bring? Get more of that now by signing up for my monthly newsletter now.